The Bridges of Love helpline center is the heartbeat of the ministry. It is the internal working of the ministry, out of which flows the lifeblood of the rest of the work. Here the focus is the person in need, not just their expressed need. The Clearinghouse is connecting agent between the person in need and those serving them (churches, agencies, and other resources).
Because we know the resources in the community, we strive to use them as opposed to recreating them in various areas.
Our ministry process:
- Client calls with a need
- Client managers interview the caller to get the details of their request
- Managers then clarify and discern that the need is specific, manageable, and legitimate
- Bridges of Love then refers the client to agencies (who help with specified need) or partner churches (who have notified us that they will help)
- We have a large online database of listed county resources
- We have a broad church communication network and email churches when needs arise that there doesn’t appear to be a current resource for.