WAYS TO PARTNER
VOLUNTEERING AT BRIDGES OF LOVE NW
The lifeblood of Bridges of Love is volunteers. After all, our mission is to “mobilize the Church of Pierce County” – that’s you! If you would like to join the dynamic team of Bridges of Love volunteers, we want you here. There are a variety of ways to serve, just pick the best fit for you.
- Jobs for Life Mentor! Invest a few hours a week into the life of another. Be an encourager, not a problem solver. Click here to fill out a volunteer application to get involved!
- Phone Screeners: These people screen the client requests for legitimacy, to ensure the need is specific and manageable. We will train you on how to make calls to various places, using our resource book to determine the nearest agency or church that will be able to help with the need.
- Data Entry: In 2012 Bridges of Love developed a brand new database to help with client management. Volunteers help to enter in intake information, helping our Intake Advisors to better serve the clients calling us for assistance. Little computer experience is required, as we provide training.
- Caring Card Ministry: Want to be a part of the “Caring Card Ministry” and make cards that we can send out to clients? Thinking of you Cards, Get Well cards and sympathy cards that can send a scripture or encourage someone going through a tough time.
- Church Ministry Coordinator: People who are willing to organize their church’s resources and work with our network to help people in need. Training is also provided.
- Service Project Teams: In the Spring and Summer months we get requests from Senior citizen’s who are struggling to maintain their yard maintenance and call us to see if we can find teams of volunteers to help them. Sometime we get calls for minor home repairs. Can you put together a team of volunteers to assist a neighbor in need?
- Jobs for Life: In the coming year, we are looking to launch a job training ministry using the program Jobs for Life. This proven strategy for helping adults secure employment and build healthy lives will be available to clients who wish to participate. Bridges of Love is very excited about this new chapter in our ministry. Would you like to be involved? In this stage of infancy, we are needing financial sponsors to help us buy books, pay for meals (for participants), pay salaries to keep this program sustainable, provide childcare, among the various unknowns. Check out our Partnership Packet here for more information.
- Personal Care Pantry: As Bridges of Love works with our neighbors, we see that the material needs stretch far beyond food and water. In an effort to be of some help we have created a GAP ministry has items people can’t purchase with food stamps such as: Toilet Paper, Paper Towels, Laundry Soap, Toothpaste, Toothbrushes, Female Hygiene Products, Diapers, Baby Wipes, Body Soap. Items are given out in packages, after the recipients go through a screening process to ensure their need is legitimate. Those interested in partnering can go shopping and donate items for the pantry at Love’s Treasury. To learn more, click here.
- Financial Partner: As a nonprofit, Bridges of Love’s entire operation costs depend on donations from financial partners, grants, and businesses. Each hour of operation costs approximately $95, with each client served taking approximately one hour of time. Would you consider reaching out to your neighbors in Pierce County and donate to Bridges of Love today? You will be making an impact in the Kingdom of God for eternity. Your donations to Bridges of Love NW will help meet the needs of hundreds of needy people in Pierce County. Thank you.
Interested? Want more information? Fill out our Volunteer Application under the “Applications” tab or e-mail Sherry Phinisey at Sherry@bridgesoflovenw.org.